In 1902, J.H. Bechtold moved from Duluth, Minnesota to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to become manager of Keating Jewelry. He later changed the name to Bechtold's Jewelry. J.H. Bechtold also had a degree in Optometry, which became another added service from the store.
In the early 30's, "Bud" Bechtold joined his father in the store. The business survived the Dust Bowl, a Depression, and World War II. In 1947, the store moved to its present location. This photo was taken during the Grand Opening of the new store. Bud retired in 1997. Today, Bechtold's Jewelry continues the century tradition of quality jewelry and exceptional service.